After much consideration, we have decided in light of Coronavirus to cancel the 2020 Blues Festival.
All those who have booked camping tickets will receive a full refund, which will be processed in the next few days.
We shall be talking to the many talented artists and acts we've booked about rescheduling for 2021.
We'll be in touch with all of our other contractors in due course.
There are two important reasons for making this decision:
- We feel a duty to festival-goers and to the people of Upton itself to act responsibly with regard to public health: the town has a generally older population which current government measures are designed to protect. Even if those restrictions have been relaxed by July, we don't think Upton will be ready for such a large event quite so soon.
- Putting on the festival means spending a considerable amount of money now on staging, equipment, and all the infrastructure associated with an event of this size. Our finances are finely balanced, and if we can't cover our outlay it'll put the whole future of the festival in jeopardy. It's impossible to predict how long Coronavirus restrictions will remain in place, or what public confidence in crowded events will be like at the end of it.
We have acted in the interests of protecting our home, our visitors and the long-term future of the festival. I'm sure you will understand why there was no other decision to take.
Planning will now start for the Upton Blues Festival 2021, and making it an unforgettable event.
If you need to contact us, use the links below. Thank you.